Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tis the season for auditions.

Well, audition season finally beginning to pick up here in NYC and I couldn't be more ready to throw myself into auditions. Or rather, submitting for auditions.

It's been awhile since I've updated, and truthfully it's primarily due to the lack of work for the summer. The summer season is always slow for actors, at least here in the city, unless you've booked a festival gig or summer stock work. I booked neither, because at the time those auditions were going on, I was still on tour. :) But now that I'm back and the weather is beginning to get a little colder, I'm throwing myself 100% into auditions and classes. I'd love to take a class this fall, if I can make enough money. I wish it weren't so expensive to study your craft in the city, but alas, that's the nature of the beast!

Recently, I had a great audition and callback for the Florida Rep's production of 'The Fantasticks'. I felt very strong about my initial audition, but I wasn't entirely sure that they'd give me a callback, because I've already performed the role twice. I thought maybe they'd want to cast someone who is a little more fresh to the role. But I did receive a callback! I felt very confident about my callback, and though they didn't keep me until the end, I know it's because they wanted someone who is fresh to the role, rather than having done it previously. I'd love to work for this company eventually - the feeling in the room was one of great positivity and they gave me great feedback and adjustments. I had a great time - fantastic (heh heh) first audition back!

Recently, I've submitted to:
-'Outfoxed' a new play
- Midtown Arts Center
-Next to Normal
-Babes in Toyland *at Lincoln Center

Most of these shows aren't holding auditions until the end of September or even early October. I hope to be hearing back from them soon with audition times!

Anyways, that's all for now. Hopefully more to report soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment