Thursday, February 10, 2011

A lot of progress..and my first paycheck!

Okay, so it's been awhile since I've last updated. I'm trying to be better about keeping this updated, but these last couple of weeks have really strangled my time to update this little guy.

So, I first should mention that the midwest suffered a massive blizzard a week and a half ago. We ended up getting 19 inches of snow, along with 3 1/2 days off of school. While this was great for catching up on sleep, movies, and making snowmen, there wasn't really too much to report on the acting side of things.

However, I've been failing to mention that while my acting classes and experiences in school are going well, I've recently seen some success in the REAL world!

I was recently given the role of 'Tabitha' in a film entitled 'Tape 56'. It's a feature length film, with several different directors working on it. It's a horror movie anthology of sorts. The section that I'm cast in is written and directed by a creative duo that I've worked with before. Last year, I was cast (through auditions) as a cameo in their film, 'A Horrible Way To Die', an indie horror thriller movie that found success in several markets across the country. This time around, however, there weren't any 'extras' or 'cameos', so they didn't hold auditions. Rather, they chose to work with actors that they've already worked with and enjoy working with. I just happened to be one of those actors!

I'll post later about the actual filming experience. I filmed yesterday at 9 AM. It was about 8 degrees. And I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment